Monday, April 28, 2008

Posada's Shoulder is Injured. So is My Heart.

It's been a tough week to be a Yankees fan, and I'm not talking about their pathetic pitching. First, my newly appointed second fave Brian Bruney goes on the disabled list. Then, as if that wasn't bad enough, we found out yesterday that my all time number one favorite Yankee ever, Jorge Posada, is headed to the DL as well. From the NY Times:

Jorge Posada seemed to be fighting back tears Sunday in the Yankees’ clubhouse. Posada is a proud catcher, honest with his emotions, and he had never been on the disabled list in his 13-year career. The streak is over now, as Posada has given in to the pain in his damaged right shoulder.

All these injuries are making me wonder if there's a curse on all GPT faves. That is why, until Jorgie and BB recover, the mostly random list of my fave Yankees is also going on the DL. Poor, poor Jorgie. At least now he'll have more time for Tetris (I'm assuming he's a big fan).

But rather than dwell on the negative, let's take a moment to remember all the good times, and hope for a speedy recovery.


No comments: